Two days left.
In just two days, 2014 will be all sealed up in the history books and 2015 will spread before us all fresh and new with no mistakes in it…yet. (Raise your hand if you love that L.M. Montgomery quote!)
A fresh start always gets us excited. We take a moment to look back at all we’ve done (and not done…eesh), wipe the slate clean, and make lists and plans and goals. We resolve to do better. We sharpen our pencils and pull out new calendars and fresh notebooks. We buy arm bands to hold our iPods while we run, we scrub our sinks ’til they shine and color code our budgets and envelope systems and meal plans.
It feels so good to start anew. And friends, we are rooting for you!
We are cheering so loudly, but we want more for you than fitness and organization. Yes, we want you to succeed in your goals (we do! we really do!), but our prayer for you is the same prayer we pray for ourselves, for our spouses, for our children and our friends—that, like Jesus, you would “grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52)
This year, instead of resolving to finally get it right,
let’s resolve to walk with Him as He makes it right.
Instead of determining to get better,
let’s determine to get closer to Him through His Word.
Instead of making a list of all that we will do on our own,
let’s notice all that He is already doing
AND LET’S JOIN HIM IN THAT.
This is our prayer for our community as it stands today, on this 29th day of December, 2014. And it’s our prayer for the “community to come” as more women from all over the world continue to take notice of these “women in the Word of God every day” and join us here!
Friends, we have a gift for you. We’ve been working on a little project just for you (and for us, too!) and it’s time to let you pull off the ribbon and bow! Now that we have these beautiful apps you kickstarted last Spring, we get to build on them—and the happy, new feature we’ve been working on is now ready to roll just in time for us to step into 2015 together.
It’s a new, FREE plan on the She Reads Truth app, but with a bit of a twist. Here’s what you need to know:
- This plan will walk you through the entire Bible, cover to cover, in one year—one day at a time.
- The entire plan will launch on January 1st on the app.
- You will be able to mark days as “read” and track progress by percentage!
- The layout will be similar to the current SRT studies, only you will swipe directly from Scripture to comments, without any additional writing/study from the SRT writing team.
- Yes, there will be comments! If you come across something that is particularly inspiring or difficult to understand, you are not alone—leave a comment! Whether you’re ahead of schedule and the first to make a note, or a bit behind pace and coming upon an existing discussion, the beauty of that comments section is the reminder that we are doing this together.
- To connect with others reading this plan, use the hashtags #SheReadsTruth AND #365DaysOfTruth
- Don’t forget to set up a custom reminder to read in the “settings” section of your app!
Does this mean She Reads Truth isn’t doing regular studies any more? Haha – oh no! We are so excited to continue at our regular pace of reading books of the Bible, exploring topics, and observing events of the Church calendar with you all year long! We’re diving headfirst into the book of John on January 1st (and we’re thinking of tackling the book of Esther soon—shhh!).
We look forward to 2015 being an incredible year of Women in the Word of God Every Day. It’s not about being better—it’s about getting closer! Friends, we are praying for YOU as we approach a new year together. And we’re so thrilled and grateful to offer you this special, additional tool to echo loudly, “We’re cheering for you!”
Thankful for you.
Grace and Peace,