Happy Sunday, friends!
We officially wrapped our study of Biblical Hospitality yesterday. Raise your hand if it managed to be the “gospel sucker-punch” you expected? Goodness, it was a much-needed perspective shift for me in so many ways. I feel like I’ve looked at friends, strangers and family with completely new eyes these last two weeks!
I have some housekeeping “hey girl, hey!” things to share with you on this Grace Day, but before I do, I thought it would be nice to include the graphic from the inside of the Hospitality Study Pack with everyone here. We created this in collaboration with the lovely Ashlee Proffitt, and though we have learned this and more in the past two weeks, it has some great takeaways worth sharing.
And now onto other matters of business:
- Tomorrow we begin a new study! It’s just 5-days and 5 Hymns (with a healthy dose of Scripture, of course). I won’t tell you what the 5 hymns are (I love surprises!), but I will tell you that they’re some of our favorites, and likely some of yours, too.
- Two fun things about the Hymns study:
- On Tuesday we will have the pleasure of inviting Ellie Holcomb to be our guest writer. Her insights—particularly in the areas of Christ and music—have encouraged us over and over again. We can’t wait to have her!
- We love hymn lyrics (obviously). So we partnered with Wells Collins, a crazy-talented hand-letterer we met recently, to create a series of 5 prints, 1 for each day of the plan. We’ll also make the set of 5 prints available at a slightly discounted price at the end of the week! Just something fun and pretty, because we know y’all love fun and pretty.
- NEXT Monday we begin our Thanksgiving plan: “In Everything Give Thanks”. Not much to say about this now, except plan to join us! It will be an incredible time of thanks in all things. You never need a study pack to participate, but if you enjoy this additional tool, we still have some available here. (All Thanksgiving materials designed by the lovely 1canoe2)
- ADVENT begins Sunday, November 30th - girls, this study is our favorite of the year for sure. “O Come Let Us Adore Him” is intentionally a little less female-specific, so you can follow along with a group of friends or family and not feel weird when we address you all as “sisters” ;) Let’s all come together for a time of less activity, more adoring.
- Advent journals are still in process at the printer (they’re so much larger than the usual study journals, so they’re taking a lot longer to reach our eager hands), but should begin shipping by the end of the week. Still in PLENTY of time to join us at the end of the month!
- Finally, a secret little prize for those of you who read all the way to the end: treat yourselves to $6 off an Advent Study Pack with code OURTREAT (ends TONIGHT!). Love you guys! Shhhh!
And that’s all. Praying for a quiet, refreshing, restorative Sabbath for each of you today.