Girls! Ladies! Women! Sisters!
It’s a big day around here. We are so excited to share a few pieces of news with you.
1. First up – we start a new plan today! We prayed a good bit about where to head after Proverbs and the Lord put Galatians firmly on our hearts. We’ve been studying, reading, and praying and we are so excited to walk through this book with all of you that is chock-full of the Gospel.
2. We are launching our very first She Reads Truth plan on YouVersion today! Our entire plan – the breakdown of the reading, a short daily devotional, and a few questions for thought are all together in one place on YouVersion – which you can access via the app or the website. Not only that BUT in each daily reading from YouVersion, there is a link back to each daily post on our site – so you can easily interact with the community after reading each day.
Also – we know some of you have had trouble in the past getting to plans on YouVersion, so we wanted to make it super simple for you! Below is a little picture tutorial of exactly how you find the She Reads Truth plan! To start – either download the YouVersion app to your phone, or go to the website.
1. Open YouVersion. 2. Search for “She Reads Truth” 3. Select that beauty right there! 4. Hit “Start Plan” and join the fun!
3. We are giving away a ticket to the Influence Conference - coming up this fall in Indianapolis, IN. All of us at She Reads Truth are involved in the conference in some way and we are thrilled to be meeting up for the first time. She Reads Truth girls will be meeting up throughout the weekend to meet, hug, and hopefully spend a few moments reading God’s word together – of course! There are only about 20 tickets left, so if you’d like one – make sure you enter the giveaway ASAP or go buy your ticket today.
To enter the giveaway for the Influence Ticket – simply follow the instructions below! No need to do anything fancy – just click enter and give your contact info (we won’t use it or share it!).
And, since there’s no time like the present, shall we jump into Galatians together right now?
First, a quick introduction to the book:
Galatians is a letter written by the apostle Paul to a collection of churches that he planted in Galatia on his first missionary journey with Barnabas. He’d been able to visit and check up on them with another ministry partner, Silas, in a second trip. The churches were primarily made up of gentile Christians, like most of us, and trouble started to arise when in Paul’s absence, some Jewish Christians arrived and began teaching a different “gospel”.
The Galatians were quickly misled to believe that they needed Jesus + rules to be Christians. They didn’t just mislead the new believers, they also attacked Paul to help prove their point. Thus, we get Galatians. A passionate letter from Paul reminding them of the true and beautiful Gospel they’d received and doing a little defense of his own ministry.
This book, like everything else we find in God’s Word, is super relevant for us as present day gentile Christians. We’re easily misled, we love adding rules, and we forget what makes a true disciple so quickly. We hope you’ll read along with us and fall back in love with the freedom, grace, love, and beauty of the Gospel that we have received through our Father, by the power of the Holy Spirit, through Jesus Christ our Savior.Pleasing God or each other?
Galatians 1:1-10 | Pleasing God or each other?
Paul is simply an apostle addressing the churches in Galatia, and now us, as one who is experiencing the peace and grace that comes from the beautiful Gospel – the good news that Jesus Christ died for our sins, by the will and for the glory of our Father. And we see immediately in Galatians that people then are just like people now (us) – people who quickly forget the truth of the gospel, who they were following, and are led away from great grace.
- Is anything bewitching you?
- Is there a person, a lie, a thought, a belief that is allowing you to believe anything other than the amazing news that you’ve been bought with the blood of Jesus for the pleasure and perfect will of God?
- Have we begun to live in a way that we aim to please men rather than the one who authored such Good News for us?
See you in Galatians, sisters! And maybe even at Influence next month!